1. The Lady recommends we watch a TV Show called Jericho. There are two seasons. Jericho is an American post-apocalyptic action drama television series, which centers on the residents of the fictional city of Jericho, Kansas, in the aftermath of a nuclear attack. At the end of the two seasons there is some excellent real footage and discussion that relate to emergency preparedness. Available through Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Vudu, Xfinity.
2. The Lady also recommended a TV show called The Unit as a way to learn about working one-mindedly and covering each other’s backs. Currently one can watch The Unit streaming on Hulu, IMDB TV Amazon Channel or for free with ads on The Roku Channel, IMDB TV Amazon Channel. It is also possible to buy The Unit as a download on Google Play Movies, Vudu, and Amazon Video. And in the US, your local library may have DVDs you can borrow for free.
3. Watch Greta Thunberg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUCD_24cygQ
4. Watch Sir David Attenborough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOctIuyVfnA
5. Watch Anderson Cooper’s interview with David Attenborough:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li5Xi9mIvDg
6. Watch climate scientists reveal their fears for the future:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIy0t5P0CUQ
7. Review the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report: https://www.ipcc.ch/report/sixth-assessment-report-working-group-ii/
8. Read parts of the website “Job One for Humanity”: https://www.joboneforhumanity.org/today_s_five_most_important_facts_about_global_warming
9. For easily understandable explanations of the science of climate change, pollution, extreme weather and more, go to: https://climatekids.nasa.gov/menu/watch/
10. Find an easily understandable explanation of the “Greenhouse Effect” and the consequences of “Global Warming” here: https://youtu.be/-D_Np-3dVBQ
11. Calculate your own “Carbon Footprint” and make decisions about what life changes you want to make: https://climatehero.me
12. Calculate your “Water Footprint.” How much water does it take to produce a cup of coffee, a hamburger, a t-shirt? Go to: https://www.watercalculator.org
13. Monitor the air in your location, worldwide: https://www.iqair.com
14. Watch the documentary “Seaspiracy” on Netflix about the environmental impact ofcommercial fishing.
15. Watch the documentary “Human Flow” about the global refugee crisis. Available onAmazon Prime for free or on YouTube for a fee.
16. Re-watch the documentary “Breaking Boundaries” on Netflix. Each time you watch the documentary, you will have further understanding and realizations.
17. Some help in thinking about life changes you can make:•
Download a document with the links listed above by clicking on the “Download” button: